Information on next month’s call will be available soon! Keep an eye on the blog for details.
Here’s the information listed in the call:
- Switch to butter, coconut oil, lard, tallow, schmaltz, ghee, palm oil, and palm kernel oil. Use a quality shortening like Spectrum or Tropical Traditions. Use olive oil for unheated applications.
- I get my coconut oil from Tropical Traditions. I use expeller-pressed coconut oil for cooking and virgin coconut oil for eating raw.
- Good recipes to add coconut oil to your diet include nut butter cups, peppermint patties and peanut butter bean fudge. There are many other good recipes on our Recipe Index.
- Switch to Real Salt or Cetic Sea Salt. I purchase mine from Green PolkaDot Box.
- The Dirty Dozen List
- Buy in season to save money. You can find a list of what is in season for each month on the CTF website.
- Begin lactofermentation with a basic recipe such as sauerkraut.
- Make your own. Click here for my recipe for chicken stock and click here for my recipe for beef stock.
- Add Concentrace to your water, stock, all foods.
- The local Chapter Leader of the Weston A Price Foundation
- In illegal states you can still get aged raw milk cheeses from local stores or from Beyond Organic.
Cod Liver Oil
- Begin by reducing 2 Tbs per cup of sugar in a recipe AND replace two of the remaining tablespoons with rapadura/sucanat. I purhcase Wholesome Sweetener’s Sucanat through Green PolkaDot Box.
- Cultures for Health