On Surfin’ Saturday, I share links from around the web. It’s not always food related and not always blogs. It’s anything I find inspiring or helpful for any part of life.
- Spunky Junky has an ingenious ribbon organizer.
- Organizing Junkie has a great guest post on Organizing Solutions to Grow With Your Child. Some really neat ideas here.
- Inspired to Action has a post about being a more patient mom. I find what what she is saying is so true, but I find that it’s not just fluid intake that is critical for me, it’s also food. I’m less patient when I’m not eating the volume of food I should be. And, instead of water, I need nettles/RRL infusions and kefirs. I definitely don’t feel good if I don’t have a quart of nettles infusion a day.
- Apology is a lovely perfume is a good reminder in dealing with your children in your most stressful moments.
- The Coconut Mama has homemade coconut butter using shredded coconut. Looks good, and gobs cheaper than the coconut butters on the market! Her blog has some great info, take a look around and add her to your RSS feed.
- Fire and Salt has a good tutorial on making your own corn tortillas at home.
- Here’s a really good list of gluten-free baking tips from Cook IT AllergyFree.
Arts and Crafts
- I’ve got a ton of extra egg cartons laying around. Since we have chickens, many people bring their egg cartons over to us. Life Your Way has a neat post on nine crafts to do with egg cartons.
KerryAnn Foster runs Cooking Traditional Foods, the longest running Traditional Foods Menu Mailer on the internet. KerryAnn has over nine years of traditional foods experience and is a former Weston A. Price Foundation chapter leader. Founded in 2005, CTF helps you feed your family nourishing foods they will love. Each mailer contains one soup, five dinners, one breakfast, on dessert and extras. You can learn more about our Menu Mailers at the CTF website. For a free sample Menu Mailer, join our mailing list. You can also join our forum to chat with other traditional foodists and learn more.
Leave a Reply